Saturday, August 23, 2008

August 23rd 2008

Hey everybody



Obviously this is my first post and i would like to tell you a little bit about myself. Currently i am a student at BYU-Idaho. I am studying horticulture (the study of plants) and also home and family living. I go school from January to July. My family now lives in the rexburg area of ID but i grew up in Bellevue, WA which is near Seattle. I have a little brother that is now 14 and about 6 foot 1. I love to Dance. I have been dancing since i was 3. I was on a competition team for a studio in WA. I wouldn't change the memories, the experiences or the friends for anything.





This summer has been amazing. In the beginning of June i was able to go up to WA for a weekend to watch my old studios year end recitals and also to visit some good friends that i hadn't seen since i moved. After i got back I finished school for this year in the middle of July. Since i have finished school i have just worked, trying to save up money so i can move out of my family's house. Currently i am working for my school's Grounds crew. Its awesome i get to be outside all day with flowers! Fantastic! It kinda sticks being in a college town while school is in session. I really don't have any friends to hangout with right now. Lately i have been hanging out with my boyfriend's family and friends. He lives about 45 mins away from me. We do lots of fun things like going in the mountains to watch scary movies, having bonfires, roasting marshmallows and shooting skeet.



The house is coming along very slowly but surely. A couple of weeks ago we got out plumbing inspection passed off. Now all we have is the electrical left and then we can put up the dry wall. After the dry wall goes up it should progress allot faster than it has. My mom is steadily working on the rock that goes all the way around the house and also up both sides the fire place. Also our kitchen cabinets are finished and ready to be installed once the drywall gets put up.

Well that is all i have to say for today. Hope all of you are doing well. Talk to you soon.

Dana

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Hi Dana, It is really neat to read all about what you've been doing in ID. Thanks for including me in your addressees. We all miss you as well. Why would you want to move out of that huge house? Can't you just hide where no one can find you for a few days and then come out when you are really hungry for real food. Say hi to everyone for me and take care of yourself.

Bishop Bennett